Sunday, September 26, 2010

fleurs de la semaine


so this weeks flowers went a little left field

there were no flowers

seem like a cop out in the garden ?

no they are sensory arrangements
designed to touch, feel and smell with aromatic foliage and textural qualities

each leaf in the retro coffee cup has a singular aromatic quality
native mint, fennel, native peppermint, curry plant, rosemary, balm Gilead

touch, crush, experience "flowers" from a tactile perspective


told you it was left field !

and now . . . . back to your regular programme


some micro posies
they will feature in a cup cake stand !
each little posy sits within a small milk jug (or creamer)



scented wallflowers, 
deep pink crab apple blossoms, 
burgundy leaved heuchera,
and dark purple flax


Get the full flower story over at moi jardiniere

3 comments:

  1. I love the micro posies ! Beautiful. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of sensory arrangements.... that is really wonderful. I'm very textural and love to touch things. I sometimes (when my very small garden allows) gather up a bunch of different 'greens' that have different leaf shapes, different patinas (like really glossy ones or more matt ones), and different textures. I really like putting these together and feeling them as I do it!

    And, I LOVE aromatic leaves.... I really like rubbing them around in my hand and getting the scent to release even more.

    Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous posies but absolutely love the idea of sensory arrangements.
    my little ones love to touch and crush leaves to get the beautiful smells.
    happy week Lee

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest